- 1. The installation of the Git
- 2. The installation of NET Core SDK
- 3. The installation of the MsDeploy in the Jenkins machine
- 4. The introduction of the trusted machine
- 5. The installation of the Web Management Service
- 6. The activation of the Web Management Service
- 7. The installation of the Msdeploy in the target machine
In this article, i will describe how to publish ASP.NET Core application by using Jenkins. Since the subject of the article is about preparing pipeline, you can benefit the link below for the installation of Jenkins.
Because the target machine on which we will make deployment in our scenerio and the machine in which Jenkins has been installed will be different , we need to arrange a dedicated server for Jenkins. The reason is that the Jobs could deplete your resources while they are working.
The pipeline is made of the following 4 steps.
Checkout: Pull the source code from the Github
Build: Build the source code
Deploy: Deployment to the target machine